Friday, April 25, 2014

Sharing my Elixir

For my final blog this semester, I have to write about how I make decisions. I decided to have fun with this post, since it might be my last one for a while.

At the beginning of this semester, I shared with my peers in class that I shop when I am happy or need some cheering up. I guess shopping is an “elixir” to me as Robitussin was to people in the past.
On an episode of the show Everybody Loves Chris, a man runs over to Chris’ family house and informs Chris’ mom that one of her kids had been knocked down by a car. As Rochelle runs out to go see her child, she remembers that she has to go take her miracle drug, Robitussin.

Ha!

But I digress. Unable to find a job with a master’s degree in Biology, my elder sister went back to school a couple of years ago to obtain a nursing degree. It’s been a tough journey and I even moved in with her so I could help babysit her son. Well, she will be graduating in two weeks and I am ecstatic! That calls for shopping!

My sister calls me her personal stylist because she does go out shopping often. She therefore put me in charge of buying her graduation outfit. What a huge decision! J Here are the things I have to consider when picking out the items:

Dress: I love colors, but on a serious occasion like a graduation ceremony, I prefer dresses in less flashy and more conservative colors. I think UT Arlington actually mentions that point somewhere on the dress code, but I’m actually picking out what I like.

Shoes: My favorite things to buy. This is where color comes in. Every outfit needs some color and where is a better place to call attention to yourself than your feet!

Jewelry and accessories: They definitely will be the same color as the shoes I ordered. The size will be definitely a struggle between my sister and me, but I will win. I enjoy bigger jewelry pieces.


Above all, whatever I pick has to make her happy. As much as deciding what style or color of dress my sister should wear makes me happy, my aim is to put a smile on her face. That is the biggest and most important factor that drives my decision-making.

No comments:

Post a Comment